Thursday, October 1, 2009

Talk, as they say - is cheap.

It's time to put up or shut up. St. Thomas Aquinas and Byrnes... it's finally here.

And I'm going to miss it.

Yep, I'm one of the few state-wide (and nation-wide) media members who will NOT be in attendance at Lockhart Stadium tomorrow.

Why?

I have a previous commitment.

I'll be at Armwood/Plant. I picked this game a long time ago and the folks at Armwood and Plant have always treated me to a great show - so I'm sticking with the original plan.

But I'll be watching.

An 8 PM kickoff allows me to watch the game at the Beefs in Seffner while doing the show (an ADD person's nightmare) but if I could manage the Lakeland/De LaSalle game last week - I can manage this one.

There are other 'big' games this week.

One is Saturday night at Traz Powell - as the Bulls of Northwestern take on Washington's Tornado attack.

My friend Larry Lastarza (LAZ Index) picks Washington to upset the Bulls.

Not going to happen Larry.

Northwestern has a date Thursday with Central - in what could go a long way to deciding who's going to represent 6A South this year. I'm not saying there aren't other teams out there - but Central and Northwestern are head and shoulders better than anyone else in districts 9-16.

Lincoln goes to Pine Forest - that's another big game for the Trojans. You saw former Lincoln standout quarterback BJ Daniels do to Florida State what he did to several teams throughout his prep career - make people miss.

Other games to watch include Madison County taking on Columbia in a battle of unbeatens. Craig Howard has 'righted' the Tigers' ship after a dismal 4-6 campaign last year and has a 3-0-1 record. Madison is young, but still - well - it's the Cowboys.

This year's battle for the Bone (Seminole and Deland) features a great matchup. Deland's offense vs. Seminole's defense.

Several big games, but the tv cameras will be on Lockhart for a few hours... if you're interested in going to the game - visit the St. Thomas Aquinas website for ticket information.

1 comment:

  1. "My friend Larry Lastarza (LAZ Index) picks Washington to upset the Bulls.

    Not going to happen Larry."


    He's good at what he does, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete